There are several problem working with hybrid mobile apps development -
I come across couple of fact with hybrid mobile application development, we should keep in mind while doing architecture and design.
We should make open communication with client regarding this (info is based on TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco )
1. Native apps performance is 10-15% faster than HTML5 apps - www.apperian.com
2. native apps are better for security – TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco by Zuckerberg
3. cached data cannot be secured or encrypted in HTML5, and HTML5 code is much easier to access and corrupt.
4. Not good for extensive graphic apps, image contents apps
5. Touch, and feel is not as much smooth as native apps
6. Limited offline operation
7. Impaired performance (when accessing web content online)
8. No frequent updates (in the case of offline caching)
Couple of statement –
Facebook’s Zuckerberg: ‘The biggest mistake we’ve made as a company is betting on HTML5 over native.