Friday, September 21, 2012

My eclipse ADB server didn't ACK, failed to start daemon



After updating the SDK, my eclipse shows this error:
ADB server didn't ACK, failed to start daemon.
When I run an android application, it gives me the following:
Please ensure that adb is correctly located at 'D:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe' and can be executed.



This error is general for all developer, there are few fix for this -

A.

Step 1: CTRL+Shift+Esc to open the task manager, which has adb.exe process and end (kill) that process
Step 2: Now, close the eclipse, which is currently running on my computer.
Step 3: Again, restart eclipse then solved that problem.

B. Some times i made same problem like
I met same problem, though I didn't what caused this. Whatever, i find some clues and fixed finally.
When I open SDK and AVD manager, but find the AVD version(2.3.3) is not same with android lib version(2.3). So I create a new AVD with 2.3.
I fixed it by the following steps: 
1. Open windows task manger and kill adb.exe process. 
2. Close eclipse and restart it. Then it works.

C. ADB will often fail if there is a newline in adb_usb.ini, remove it and restart it and that will often solve the problem (at least for me anyways)

D. i have solve my question,1 :open eclise open the SDK Manager ,choice i device to open
or you can open the sdk dir open the SDK Manager then choice i device to open 2: close the eclipse,then open it

E. type ./adb nodaemon server in terminal
if it returns Invalid content in adb_usb.ini. then there is a problem with your adb_usb.ini file in .android folder..open adb_usb.ini and erase its contents. then restart server...it worked for me.

F
You don't need to restart Eclipse to get ADB running again. Just open a shell and run the command:
adb start-server
If you haven't set the path to ADB in your system properties then you must first go to the directory in which ADB exists(in Android\android-sdk\platform-tools....I'm running Windows,

G.  Some time
Same problem with me. But no process of adb in my laptop, I just logout and login my account, and it's resolved... ADB could start from CMD windows after that.

I hope you will enjoy with this post.